The company was founded by B.R. Straker, who started in the oil business as an oilfield
tool dresser in 1918. Four years later, after working both as a tool dresser and
driller in various fields throughout Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma,
he accepted a job in the oilfield supply business with National Supply Company in
Lima, Ohio. He was later transferred to Zanesville, Ohio to manage their Zanesville
store. He left that position three years later to play an active role in the founding
of Atha Supply Company. In January 1929, after leaving Atha, Straker founded and
became president of the Zanesville Tool And Supply Company. As a result of the purchase
of three oilfield supply stores in Kansas, the name of the company was changed from
Zanesville Tool And Supply, to Buckeye Supply Company in 1950.
In 2019, still owned and operated by the second and third generation Straker Family,
we are proud to be celebrating our 90th year of continuous service to the oil and
gas field industry.